Skip links

like me, treat yourself

A new horizon



Mrs Paula A. S. – Professional Violinist

I am delighted to be able to write this testimony today.

Oreblue saved my life and gave me a new one!

I became hyperacusic in December 2021 as a result of sound trauma. I was at a time in my life when I had a lot of work, I had to travel a lot for work, I had a lot of stress and I had just been sick (flu). The tinnitus started four days after the trauma, I had never had it before. The first ENT doctor who saw me thought I had an ear infection. I saw several other ENTs after that, but as I had no hearing loss, I always left without a diagnosis. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to undergo hyperbaric therapy, which helped reduce my tinnitus (I felt taken care of too); but once the therapy was over, I had no solution from the medical profession, and my fear increased.

I am a professional violinist and my life came to a halt. I had to cancel everything: my concerts and my lessons. A month later I ended up in a psychiatric ward. I had lost the meaning of everything. I couldn’t spend time with my partner, I couldn’t see my family, my friends, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t listen to music… I didn’t know how to act anymore.

Mr Samuel D. – Musician

After more than 3 years of therapeutic wandering, I finally felt that I had a way out from the first appointment.

Everything improved during the sessions and even afterwards.
I can live normally again and protect myself when it is really necessary.
A huge thank you to both of you!

“Maya” – Patient wished to remain anonymous

“You’ll have to live with it…”

These four words, pronounced by the ENT specialists I consulted, have resonated in me for almost three years

I did WITH…

With the daily pain of not being who I was before the hyperacusis and the tinnitus,

With the hurtful everyday noises,

Mrs Brigitte V. – Retired

13 years of hell is the number of years I have lived with hyperacusis and two tinnitus symptoms that appeared in 2006, when I was 50. At the beginning, following a burn out, I didn’t understand what was happening to me, all these decibels that were assaulting me, attacking me, torturing me relentlessly, but the reality was there, I couldn’t stand any noise, even the sound of my own voice, and even less the song of a bird.

Mrs Thérèse D. – Pensioner

Since June 2014, I had been suffering from hyperacusis, tinnitus and severe deafness that came on suddenly one evening after a hike, I was completely distraught.

After having consulted several ENT specialists, I was fitted with hearing aids with white noise generators that I couldn’t stand.

After having tried everything possible, I gave up and locked myself in, as I couldn’t stand all the noise that had become so aggressive.

Mrs Laure C. – Director of the Conservatory of Music

As a piano teacher in a conservatory, I developed hyperacusis accompanied by tinnitus following some embellishment work in my classroom. Indeed, changes in wall and floor coverings changed the acoustics of my workplace, making it offensive.

Hyperacusis set in little by little, over 5 years, then strong tinnitus broke out one night and stayed. 3 years later, after having visited all the dedicated medical centres, having tested all the existing pharmacopoeia, the white noise generators, having turned to all the alternative medicines, I had to stop working and playing the piano. I could no longer stand any sound, neither external nor my own body. Even the sound of my breathing became unbearable…

Mr Julien M.

In February 2016 I forgot my foam plugs to attend a concert, I panicked very badly at the time thinking that it was probably dangerous not to protect myself. I went to the concert without them, thinking that it wouldn’t cost me my hearing for once.

The next day and the following days, I developed a certain sensitivity of hearing, it was sometimes complicated, but I was still able to live more or less normally, but I still put on foam plugs to go to work. It went on like that for about 2 years.

Mr Médéric J. – Salesman

Hello, I am a 47 year old man, married with 3 children. I have been an amateur musician since my early adulthood, and I have learned to protect my ears as I rehearse and perform. As a sales executive under a certain amount of pressure from my various hierarchies, I have been working for many years in a stressful environment.

In 2012, one evening during a dinner show organised by my company, I suffered a sound trauma. It resulted in great fatigue and a striking increase in my perception of the volume of my environment for the next 48 hours, without any lull.

Mr Tanguy Ligot – University Professor

I have been suffering from hyperacusis for over 10 years. At the beginning it was only a discomfort when I heard certain noises, but with time the discomfort became pain and more and more noises seemed unbearable.

Of course, I consulted many specialists (ENT specialists, neurologists, neuropsychiatrists, etc.). Some tried to treat me, others didn’t even try, but they all gave up in the end. During this period I had to take every possible medication and of course I tried the famous TRT (those constant white noises in my ears drove me crazy very quickly).

Mrs Claire B. – Logistician

I developed hyperacusis and tinnitus at the age of 16 following a festival. Soon my life became a living hell. I was in pain and couldn’t go to parties with my friends. I lost my friends, my youth and my carefree attitude. I also missed my school year because I couldn’t concentrate because of my tinnitus.

I tried various things to remedy it but despite my research and efforts the disease was getting worse and I had developed anticipatory reflexes which contributed to my isolation and to maintaining the disease.

Mr Sébastien G. – Graphic designer

I am writing this testimonial more than a year after my treatment for hyperacusis at the Institute.

Despite the successive periods of confinement which resulted in delayed opportunities to be exposed to exceptional sound levels, the results are there.

After more than 7 years, I finally participated in an indoor concert again a few weeks ago. This was the final step for me, which now firmly establishes my recovery.

Mrs Magali Le C.

I have been struggling with my ear problems for 30 years now. More than half of my life has passed without me being able to forget my ears for a single day: vertigo attacks, terrible tinnitus, hyperacusis, deafness… the whole thing! With a very big aggravation 3 years ago, which plunged me into a state of total exhaustion and non-life: bilateral Meniere’s disease.

I don’t think anyone can imagine, without having experienced it, the hell of this invisible handicap which forces us to extract ourselves from life. The confinement in one’s own head. The physical and psychological suffering. And all the difficulties of everyday life, all those simple things that we can no longer do, talk on the phone, listen to music, talk with others during a shared meal, work…

Mrs Marie B. – Public writer

An auditory renaissance.

My name is Marie, I am 50 years old and I live in Brittany. In May 2016, following a very loud and high-pitched child’s cry, very close to my ear, I fell into hyperacusis. For a month, I continued my work as a Breton teacher in schools, very disturbed by the noises and the screams, but I was able to hold on. I tell myself that it will pass with time. I wanted to finish the school year without sick leave. A month later, my condition worsened in a very worrying way following an African dance performance, during which I was wearing earplugs recommended by a hearing aid specialist. They were insufficient and unsuitable, but I didn’t know that at the time. As a result, I became really hearing impaired. I can’t stand any unmuffled noise. I have to be spoken to quietly, I find it difficult to share meals with other people, I become isolated and my morale collapses. I have to leave my job.

Mr Quentin R. – Student

I am 23 years old and I am currently a 1st year student in a business school. When I was 19 years old, and during my second year of undergraduate studies, a first auditory shock weakened my left ear. A year later and other hearing shocks later, my life became a hell. Every little noise of the daily life like setting the table, taking the metro and all other banal noises caused an immense pain at the time and during several days.

As a student who liked to go out a lot, to party, to go to the stadium, this period was very difficult. The many ENT specialists could not find a solution and put me on treatments that did not work. Earplugs had become an indispensable tool in my daily life, I couldn’t afford not to have them with me.

Mrs Claire D. de F.

Resurrection after 25 years of sound hell and its consequences in all areas of my daily life.

The testimony necessarily leads the person to reveal an intimate part of himself. Hyperacusis and tinnitus are very complex. My testimony is only valid for my ØREBLUE® experience.

What is interesting to share? I look at some of the messages posted on Oreille Malade and the ØREBLUE® Healers.

Testimonials are unverifiable: Mine is verifiable.

Mr Mathieu C. – Project manager

A few months have passed after my ØREBLUE® therapy period and it is with pleasure that I share my experience.

After years of suffering, I had the chance to talk to a former patient, who encouraged me to contact the institute. His story convinced me that this pathology (although not recognised as such) could be treated or alleviated, contrary to what I was told by the great recognised specialists.

The first contact with Mr Bonneyrat was reassuring. I was able to explain the origin of my hyperacusis and tinnitus, a traffic accident 10 years earlier. As well as the expression of the discomfort felt, transforming the convivial moments of everyday life into events that can be more painful than pleasant (meetings with several people that are too noisy, the TV that is too loud, the noise of cutlery during meals, cupboards…). I always tried to act as if nothing was wrong, it was painful and I always ended up isolating myself, quiet but frustrated.

Mr Loïc J. – Sales manager

Hello. I did the hyperacusis therapy in 2020 in 3 sessions. I thought of the OREBLUE® method even today when I was playing with my little girl who was screaming very loudly.

Thanks to you because today I can live these precious moments.

Mr Valérian B. – School teacher

My name is Valerian. I have been suffering from hyperacusis since about 2013, triggered after several sound shocks.

Before that, I was a musician and a school teacher, my life was about noise.

I joined Øreblue in September 2020.

I was torn by doubt before my first session: “it will work for others but not for me”, these were the kind of ideas I had in my head before the beginning of the treatment, so much so that hyperacusis represented in my mind an incurable evil.

Doctor Alexandra C. – Doctor

Four years ago, as a young, newly qualified doctor, my life changed overnight.  I became severely hyperacusic. I absolutely did not understand what was going on, all noises became unbearable, even the sound of my own voice. I lost everything, I ended up in a psychiatric ward for three months because I wanted to be put out.

In April 2019 I discovered that there was a therapy, the OREBLUE® therapy, where for the first time I discovered testimonies of hyperacousic people who spoke of healing. After a multitude of medical consultations, alternative medicine… after having tried everything without result, a glimmer of hope was offered to me. The last hope! I live in Reunion and the therapy takes place in La Rochelle. It’s quite a journey to get there when you’re hyperacoustic but it was my last chance.

Mr Piero S. – Marine Ingineer

I’m writing after 6 month since my last session at La Rochelle because I wanted to confirm the sustainability in the time of my healing.

Yes, I say healing, even if my tinnitus has not totally disappeared, it has been reduced in such a radical way that my life has totally changed : I have regained hope, desire to live, pleasure of being myself without embarrassment at every moment. And this radical change is confirmed and even improved over time!

Patient wished to remain anonymous – Project Manager

The noise hypersensitivity was a huge obstacle for my social, professional and family activities.

I tried other treatments and consulted an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist (ENT) always keeping hope. But it was all a failure.

After having exchanged with old noise hypersensitivity who have followed the method Øreblue, I fixed an appointment with Mrs Bonneyrat.

Ms Maud G. – Student

M. and Ms Bonneyrat,

These are some words to thank you. Thank you for your support and your expertise.

Thank you Ms Bonneyrat for the treatments, your talents of Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and the total handling of the patient.

Thank you for the time you took. Thank you for consecrating your work to tinnitus and noise hypersensitivity.

Thank you M. Bonneyrat for your enthusiasm, the discussions after the hearings and the time you took !

Mr Aléxis P. – Engineer

Further to the use of a drill for my ear, I was subjected  to a first sound trauma and during the days following I had an earache.

I had an awkwardness in everyday life and I had to cover my ears when for example there is a motorcycle, works in the street or a noisy restaurant or bar.

Therefore, I went to an ENT specialist who told me nothing could be done. I saw a second one who made me the same diagnostis. Then I looked for and found in the hospital on my town, an ENT specialist professor, specialist on hearing pains, who told me my sorrow would pass alone.

So for a year I did nothing, the condition of my ear improved slightly and I lived this way with reasonable care.

Mrs H.T. – Pianist, Composer and Performer

I am a pianist. In January 2019, following hearing shocks at my work, I couldn’t give any lessons without protections, neither muted piano, and the concerts that I give are unbearable for me. Tinnitus, hissing and hums compelled me to work with noise-cancelling headphones, as well as a -30dB filter cap.

Every event in my life is unbearable at this time and life in society is very difficult for me. These hyperacusis symptoms have been present for a long time, they worsened during this period and forced me to find a cure solution in order to possibly change my career path.

I was introduced to the Hearing Institute of Resources by one of my brother’s friends who did the cure in 2018.

Mr Jérome D. – EP teacher

As a physical education teacher, I always worked in a noisy environment. At the same time, I played music, without protection.

From 2008, lights whistles started to appear and became more pronounced over time. Around 2010, PE classes became more and more difficult for my hearing. Hyperacusis was there!

In 2013, I was paired but, as a result, the tinnitus multiplied. The volume of the prostheses were too strong and the tinnitus was very high and made my life a living hell for 5 years.

Then, after the same repetitions, the half-confession of incapacity, when it wasn’t a little «almost» our fault, I discovered the ØREBLUE® method.

Mr Olivier N.

In December 2016, during a concert, I suffered from a very significant sound trauma. Following it, my daily life was totally questioned. Everything was an attack to my ears:  my work, groceries shops, movies, car traffic, meals with friends… a total disappearance of silence. In addition to this hyperacusis and tinnitus, I was in a second state, exhausted.

Before finding Øreblue therapy, I tried all kinds of therapies: allopathic medicine, psychotherapy, homeopathy, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, osteopathy, magnetism, Sophro, Qi qong,. the list is long, and nothing worked, I was TOTALLY desperate!

Finally, in March 2018, I found Øreblue on the internet. During the first phone call, i realized that maybe i had THE solution to get out this hell. This was later on confirmed.

Mrs Magali C. – Professor

In august 2018, I realized that I developed a new pathology at the same time as tinnitus.

Days passed, and can I put a name on what happens to me: hyperacusis.

Some noises such as door snaps, metallic sounds, loud voices, the cries of children annoy me.

My tinnitus amplifies.

I suffer from headaches almost daily accompanied by dizziness.

I obviously fell into a depressed state after consulting the medical profession, which provided no solution for me.

Mrs Marylise A.

Shortly before the age of 30 I started hearing tinnitus: within a few months and with the good advice of an ENT specialist I was able to ignore it and stop worrying about it.

But 10 years later, my hearing troubles became disastrous : I became extremely sensitive to noises with very loud tinnitus. After numerous appointments with specialists and inconclusive therapy trials, my hearing problems were even more disabling. My noise-hypersensitivity became serious and painful and the tinnitus unbearable.

The slightest noise hurt my ears: plastic bags, crumpled or torn paper, a fan, air-conditioning or toilet blow, velcro and zips.

The daily noises were suffering: door slamming and squeaking, dog barking, baby crying, the voices of some people, dishes and cutlery, the hoover and hair dryer, the television, the car, the singing of the birds.

Mrs Anne P.

Four years ago, a virus (it seems) threw me, in a few hours, into a state of pain and sideration. As a result of it, a deafness in my left ear accompanied by tinnitus and increased hyperacusis over the weeks.

Deaf, permanent tinnitus and hyperacusis in a few hours!

I will not comment on the state of mental and physical confinement, on the desire  to no longer live that causes this pathology too little known, too negligated…

I will not comment either on the indifference, incompetence and lack of empathy from specialists (and especially ENT…) and to all the desperate attempts to find, alone, on the Internet (useful in this case) a solution to relieve this pain.

Mrs Pépita G. – Papeete Tahiti

For months, I have been suffering from disabling hyperacusis for which the medical profession could find neither the causes nor remedies. There is no medical response to this disease. After several research on the Internet, the only care unit that proposed a method for hyperacusis management and advanced its healing was the “Hearing Institute of Resources” in La Rochelle. This institute proposed a therapeutic protocol developed by Mrs.Natacha Chetritt-Bonneyrat, the OREBLUE protocol that led to the cure of hyperacusis.

I decided to get in touch with this institute and then follow the OREBLUE protocol proposed by Mrs Bonneyrat.

It was a good idea.

Patient who wished to remain anonymous – Engineer

I have been suffering from hyperacusis for 5 years now due to a sound trauma.

After many years of medical wandering, resignation and suffering linked to hyperacusis, Mrs Bonneyrat’s treatment seemed to me to be an original alternative in order to find a solution to the many ailments caused by this condition.

At the Hearing Institute of Resources I was able to find an approach centred on the human being and listening to the patients and I would like to thank Mrs and Mr Bonneyrat for the quality of the care provided as well as for their attentive listening during the treatment and break phases.

Miss Laëtia A. – Unemployed person

I developed hyperacusis in March 2017 after being in  a bar where hearing levels were excessive. In order not to appear offensive, in order not to disturb I preferred to take on myself and protect myself with pieces of handkerchief in my ears.

The week after my exposure , I felt an intense pain in my right ear and I was dizzy when I walked down the street. Being a little sick at the time, I wasn’t worried.

It was when I couldn’t stand the noise of the television any more that I began to understand what it was all about.

It was while attending the forums in search of solutions that I discovered several months later Hearing Institute of Resources. At that moment, I wore earplugs all the time, I was struggling with depression and had tried hypnosis without success.

Mr Patrick F. – Artist, painter, illustrator and teacher

A musician since the age of 17, I have always played my instrument, the drums, without any protection.

In 2013, I had a lot of musical activities, and around February 2014, I woke up with tinnitus that quickly was permanent and an hyperacusis set in.

Then, begins a long, complicated and painful journey. Very little or very poorly advised by the medical world, my hyperacusis worsens and my general health deteriorates rapidly (depression, insomnia, chronic fatigue…) at this time there was only the anxiolytics that kept me standing.

During the 2016-2017 school year, It became more and more difficult to teach my classes as a art teacher because this activity triggers me acouphennic crisis. April 2017 on the verge of exhaustion, I resigned because teaching became incompatible with my condition.

Patient who wished to remain anonymous – CEO

My tinnitus appeared in 2011 when I attended a Grand Prix automobile.

I was quickly taken over by the health services and consulted by renowned practitioners to curb this phenomenon.

The following months have been very painful both physically and emotionally, realizing that the inevitable was happening and that medicine, even in its greatest goodness, would never cure me.

I watched helpless, whole sections of my life collapse until Fall 2013 when, prey to the difficulties caused by the symptoms of insurmountable tinnitus, I had to give up my duties as a CEO.

Mr René A. – Pensioner

“It’s amazing to hear the sound of rain falling without any other noise…”

As soon as I woke up I had engine noises in my head. I was sad and desperate, even with dark thoughts. I couldn’t stand those noises anymore.

Since I have been treated by Mrs Natacha CHETRITT-BONNEYRAT everything is better, I have regained a taste for life and so have the people around me, I have regained calm in my head.

I encourage all tinnitus sufferers like me to consult her.

Mrs Nadine L. – Artist Painter

I have suffered from hyperacusis since July 2012 and my daily life has been disrupted.

Little by little, abandoning my lifestyle to escape the noise : limited outings, no more family parties, friends meetings, collective activities…

My husband and I had to move, leaving town for the countryside.

To heal, I tried a TRT (Tinnitus Retraining Therapy) in Bordeaux in 2015. This noise generating therapy did not allow me to eventually give up my ear plug or my Peltor headset. In the last days of this TRT, in December 2015, I tried to go out without hearing protection as recommended but it worsened my condition.

Mr René A. – Retiree

I have hyperacusis and tinnitus certainly since everyday which were amplified with age, my life became a hell.

I could not take any transport (car, plane, boat) . All the noises were hurting me.

I could no longer go to places where there was noise. I thought I was going crazy.

Mr Olivier R. – Sales Executive

After completing the three prescribed sessions by Mrs Natacha Chetritt-Bonneyrat for the treatment of Noise Sensitivity and Following on from these sessions, I can officially say that been completely cured and I can now resume a normal life with no hearing impediment.

I strongly recommend the people suffering from Noise Sensitivity should meet her to eradicate for good this lesser known but highly debilitating, daily pain.

Mr Jean-Luc D. – Driving School Monitor & Volunteer Fireman

I suffered for almost two years from very acute tinnitus and painful hyperacusis.

I consulted several specialists who were unable to help me.

I took anti-depressants and sleeping tablets to get through this unmanageable ailment and to be able to sleep at night.

Starting at the end of September, I followed the treatment protocol set out by Mrs. Natacha Chetritt-Bonneyrat. After about four months of treatment, I am living normally again. I no longer take anti-depressants or hypnotics.

Mr Thierry I. – Salesman

It was in 2004 that my tinnitus emerged at a “tolerable” level and lasted a number of years.

After I changed jobs in 2013 (working on internal combustion trucks), my tinnitus developed, in just one and a half months of work, into a hypersensitivity to noises called “hyperacusis”.

For a number of months, this was a daily living hell. I could not tolerate the slightest noise from the dishwasher, the beep of the microwave, running water, a cry of joy from my son …

This suffering from sound that is invisible to others is simply unbearable on a daily basis.

Mrs Raphaële F. – School teacher

I am a teacher in a school with over a hundred pupils. I started developing tinnitus then, gradually, an increasingly severe hyperacusis that forced me to go on sick leave.

I met Mrs. Natacha Chetritt-Bonneyrat who offered me a cure for hyperacusis, and which I accepted and started at the end of August 2014.

Thanks to this treatment I was able against all odds to start the school year in September 2014. Today, I am still at work in nursery school.

My hyperacusis is a thing of the past. I no longer suffer from this ailment.

Mr Marc D. – Legal practitioner, Tax expert

En 2007, j’ai été atteint d’hyperacousie suite à une exposition sonore élevée et prolongée (bar à ambiance musicale forte).
Pendant 8 ans, je suis allé consulter différents médecins dont les prescriptions avaient simplement pour effet d’atténuer les douleurs engendrées par l’hyperacousie (cortisone, vasodilatateurs), sans que la cause elle-même ne soit traitée.

Mr Fabrice T. – Agricultural worker

In June 2013, I helped out at a rock music concert.

Disruptions in hearing came on very quickly – namely tinnitus and in particular a severe intolerance to sound, also called hyperacusis. My daily and social life became difficult.

Fortunately, two months later, I started my “treatment” with Mrs. Natacha Chetritt-Bonneyrat and, in just a few months, my life went back to being “normal”. Of course, I remain cautious with high volume sound, especially in the context of my agricultural work, but my hyperacusis is cured.

Avril 2022

sophie l. fleuriste

Pendant 8 ans, j’ai souffert d’hyperacousie : le moindre bruit même léger (froissement de papier, sonnerie, bruit de vaisselle) me provoquait des douleurs. J’étais contraint de porter des bouchons d’oreilles de façon quasi-permanente. Les soins tout en douceur de Mme CHETRITT-BONNEYRAT ont complètement guéri mon hyperacousie. Plus aucune douleur ! J’ai pu reprendre une activité normale sans bouchons d’oreilles…